Fav Quote

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts, too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous

Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Great Christmas

There weren't huge piles of presents under our tree this year.  The kids are getting older and the things they wanted cost more . . .  And we try hard to find the balance between having a nice amount of gifts and a ridiculous amount of gifts - Christmas isn't about the presents, it's about how you treat people all year long. 
Jacob wasn't truly surprised by his big gift.  I had asked him whether he really wanted a PS3 or more train cars for his Farmall collectible train set.  After some deliberation, he said he wanted the PS3.  I never committed to the PS3, but he knows me well enough to know that I would get him what he really wanted.  I think he's really enjoying the PS3!

I did manage to surprise Jordana.  Over the last couple years, she has said she wanted her own skates.  I would always respond, "We don't skate often enough to make it worth while to buy skates."  So not only have I always said no, I also wrapped them in a cowboy boot box.  When she unwrapped it and saw the box, she thought it was boots.  She was really surprised when she opened the box!  We are going skating this weekend for sure!

Jesse gets the prize for orchestrating the biggest surprise. He had a custom coat made for me! I had not asked for anything. In fact, I truly didn't have any idea of what I wanted for Christmas. So, he had to be creative in trying to think of something I would really like. He did good.

Jesse has needed a new cordless drill for some time.  Every time he tries to use his drill, the batteries are dead because they won't hold a charge anymore.  I wasn't sure what brand to buy, so I had the kids print out a picture of a cordless drill and we put it in a card.  I'm going to let him pick it out so I'm sure he gets the kind of drill he wants. 

Jordana had asked for a reversible saddle pad which her Pap and Grammy Trick gave her.  Pap and Grammy Hughes gave her money which she wants to put towards a skate case for her new skates.  Aunt Dee gave her a very nice reconditioned lap top.  She was pretty happy all day!

Pap and Grammy Trick gave Jacob the caboose for the collectible train set.  Even though he chose the PS3, they wanted him to have the caboose because it would probably sell out quickly.  Pap and Grammy Hughes gave him money which he wants to put towards another PS3 game.  He was a pretty happy camper too!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anita! I am just now catching up on your blog! I love the Christmas Surprise - AND, I love your coat!!! That Jesse always knows how to make you smile!! :o) I am loving your blog! <3 katie

    ReplyDelete