Fav Quote

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts, too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Movie Date

Today, my husband called me at work and asked what I was doing tonight at 7 p.m.  He kind of took my off guard  and I said "laundry?"  He asked me if I wanted to go see Secretariat!  Well of course I did!  It is playing at the theater in Muncy.  So we went on a movie date!  Believe it or not, it's only the 2nd time we've ever been to the movies as a couple in our whole lives together.  When we were dating, we just did not have the money to go to the movies.  Right after we got married, I went to college and we really didn't have the time or money to go to the movies.  And then we had kids - again, no time or money for movie dates.  We've taken the kids to movies over the years, but never went as a couple until July of this year.  Jesse took me to see Eclipse.  It was a lot of fun, but I have to admit it feels a little selfish!  Of course, I had already taken Jordana and several friends to see Eclipse.  And I told Jordana that she could ask a friend to go to Secretariat this weekend if she wanted.

Secretariat is a wonderful, wonderful movie.  Very suspenseful, even though we already know he wins all three races.  Also a very inspiring movie.  Great for young girls to see.  I won't mind taking Jordana and a friend this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for movie dates! I love the movies, especially the drive in!

    ReplyDelete